Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 12: Legs and Back with Ab Ripper X

Well, I had my first weak moment on Friday.  For a few days, I have been feeling like I didn't want to do the workouts.  After the strong push of the first week, my lazy tendencies seem to want to come back.  I think this is why I've failed so many other times to lost weight or get into better shape.  It's like my "old Dan" says "well, that was fun, but let's get back to normal now, OK?"

We decided to go to the mexican restaurant for supper.  My mindset before going there was that I'd been doing so good with eating that I could take one meal off and it would be fine. Therefore, I had chips and salsa prior to the meal.  However, I did make a good choice and had talapia, rice and steamed vegetables.  The vegetables where in some kind of cream sauce, so that wasn't the greatest but I could have done worse.  After dinner, we got home and made a fire in our new chiminea.  At about 9:30 I realized I hadn't done my workout yet.  "old Dan" told me I could just do it in the morning and then do my regular Saturday workout later.  I resisted, tough, because I don't want to start cutting corners with this program.  It's very important to me and once I start down that slippery slope, it could start to unravel pretty quickly.  "old Dan" can be very convincing!

Therefore, I went in and knocked out Legs and Back with Ab Ripper X.  I didn't finish until after 11:00, but I did it.  Afterwards, I felt great because my legs were telling me I worked them pretty good.  I again increased my reps on Ab Ripper!  I keep thinking I'm going to come back down, but this is the 4th straight workout where the reps have improved.

Lastly, this morning before we got out of bed, I found and watched about 30 minutes of a P90X infomercial on the TV.  I like to watch them because the other people's stories give me motivation.

Kenpo, my favorite, is up today.  Think I'll do it this morning and get it over with!  Show "old Dan" who's boss!

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment