Monday, March 19, 2012

Day 15: Chest and Back with Ab Ripper X

Success!  I started the workout around 7:30 tonight!  It's still late, but not bad for a weekday and I made the conscious effort to not wait until 8:30 when the kids went to bed.  Little successes add up to big accomplishments!

I can't say I'm too sad that this was the last time I had do this workout until week 9 (day 57).  Besides Yoga, it's the toughest workout I've done so far.  I guess my attitude should be that if they are the weakest, then I should welcome them.  I guess that's right, because I need the work.  Oh well, ciao Chest and Back!  See you in 6 weeks!

Having said all of that, I did see some very small improvements in push-ups...like maybe one additional rep per exercise.  With pull ups it's hard to tell using bands.  I think I'll probably setup a bar for the next round and see where I'm at.  Maybe I can start trying to do them and then use a chair when I need it.  We'll see.  I made up some heavier weights for heavy pants and lawnmowers and I could definitely feel a better workout on those.

Gained one additional rep on Ab Ripper tonight.  The biggest problems are with the exercises where I have to keep my legs up high in the air like the scissors.

On the nutrition front, eating differently has given me a chance to eat more of some foods that I really didn't eat much of before.  Mostly vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, celery, squash, etc..  Also, I'm eating more whole grain breads and some brown rice.  More fish and lots more chicken.  One thing I'd never eaten before (until tonight) was brussel sprouts.  I had them tonight, and they weren't too bad.  They are no french fry or potato chip from a flavor standpoint, but I'm more concerned with healthy eating right now.

Pushing on to Plyometrics tomorrow!

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment