Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day 21: X Stretch

Three weeks of P90X are complete!  I've somehow managed to workout and eat healthy every day for 21 straight days!  For those of you that know me well, that's a HUGE accomplishment!  As I posted before I even started, I had a lot of people that didn't believe I'd last more than a few days before I reverted back.  She didn't say it, but I'm sure my wife (who knows me better than anyone) didn't believe it either.  But do you know what?  The only thing that matters is whether I believed it.  And I never doubted it for a minute.  That's the honest truth. And I think that confidence in myself is what carried me through that first week or so when I may have faltered if I'd doubted myself.  I'm really not as much proud of myself as I am determined to push on.  I'm going to complete this program in 91 days...and I will not skip one workout along the way.  I will eat healthy foods every day and will not succumb to any thoughts of eating those items that do not contribute to good health.  And at the end of 13 weeks, I will feel and look so much better because of it.  Period!  (Lou Tice would be so proud of me!)

Anyway, enough of the philosophical stuff.  I now have what the P90X program calls a recovery week.  Instead of doing Plyometrics and all of the "weight-lifting" workouts, I do Yoga twice, Core Synergistics twice, X Stretch twice and Kenpo once.  Gives my body a chance to recover before the next 3-week adaptive phase starts next Monday.

Have a great week everybody!

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment