Monday, March 12, 2012

Day 8: Chest and Back with Ab Ripper X

The success and fun I had the past few days almost made me forget that Chest and Back is my weakest workout.  I really made very little, if any, progress on push ups.  I still believe that I'm just too heavy yet to be able to do much until I get stronger in my shoulders, arms and back.  Not to worry though, I did all I was able to from my knees when the standard push ups failed.  Still doing fine on the pull-up, but I temper that with the fact that I'm still using bands.  Again, slashing weight will help with these.

Ab Ripper X seemed harder, but I again added reps to my total from Friday.  I know my form isn't perfect, but  again that will come with time.  Getting the gut out of the way will help in allowing me to get my chest up higher for many of these exercises.

Trying a new drink tonight.  It's an BCAA (Branched Chain Amino Acid) drink that's designed to help me recover faster, along with helping to build muscle after the workout..  I'm hoping for a reduction in soreness this week, both from the drink and also from the fact that I'm on week 2 of the program.

Still on track on nutrition.  Not meticulously keeping track of portions anymore...I pretty much know what I can and can't eat.

Plyometrics tomorrow.

Dan

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Dan, I am so impressed! You've done TERRIFIC your first week. You're going to be buff when I see you in June at the family reunion! Glad to hear Wendy is joining in - so much easier that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm really happy with my progress so far. One more week of hard work, and then I get a recovery week. I'm ready! :)

    ReplyDelete