Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 6: Kenpo X

Great news!  The soreness has taken a break for awhile.  I was beginning to wonder there for awhile.  I can certainly tell that I've been working hard, but at least now I can walk and move my arms without wincing!

Nutrition-wise, I've been doing really well these who days at home.  I've been using egg whites (some in a carton and some from the shell) for making scrambled eggs in the morning.  This morning Wendy and I had french toast on whole wheat bread using egg whites and skim milk.  Can hardly tell the difference!  We made some lean patio steaks in the broiler yesterday and I've been having some of that as well.  Yesterday with ketchup and a salad.  Today for lunch cut up into a salad with some low fat grated mozzarella cheese.

Another good thing...I took some of my co-worker's advice and put a banana in with my whey protein shake and it certainly makes a big difference.  It's actually pretty good now!  Not sure how I'm going to make it at work though as we have no blender.  Maybe I need to invest in one of those little handheld blenders.  It certainly helps get the shake down.

Last night, I ate out for the first time at a Mexican place in Auburn.  I had a grilled chicken breast with some grilled shrimp, pineapple, spinach with pico de gallo, and steamed veggies.  It appeared to be the healthiest thing I could get.  Had about 5 chips and salsa.  Tonight, I have another birthday party for the wife of one of my co-workers.  We're going to Shogun (Japanese steakhouse) in Lincoln.  Again, I'll get the best thing on the menu.  What else can I do?

On to Kenpo.  Wow, was that a blast!  Hands down my favorite workout so far.  I don't want to say it was easy, because it was hard work, but it was the first workout where I could do every move that the people on the video did.  The only move I had trouble with (from a form standpoint) was the star blocks (doing all 4 blocks together).  The heart rate maxed at 175, so a little lower than Plyometrics.  I still take awhile to get the heart rate down, but I'm told that will come when I get into better shape.

Ready for X Stretch tomorrow.

Dan

1 comment:

  1. Dan, Kenpo X gets a lot easier after you do it a few times. I do the routine by just reading it from the book. One thing about doing it that way is that there is an extra cardio session at the end where you do the jumping jacks, etc. Also, you can make that workout as hard as you want depending on how intense you are with the punching and kicking. Great fun, huh?

    ReplyDelete