Saturday, March 24, 2012

Day 20: Kenpo X

Well, not the best of days for me today. I guess I should say it was a mixed day.  It started off great!  Wendy, her cousin Pam and I went to Omaha to see The Hunger Games.  I had just decided last night to go, so I started to read the book last night.  I was tired, so I only got through the first chapter.  I'm in chapter 3 now, but I know how it ends.  Like most books, though, they provide more detail and insight into the characters and the story than does the movie, so I'll finish it.

The first "bad" thing about the day was I was totally sore in my glutes, my quads and my hamstrings.  Why I'm not sure, but man was I sore.  I didn't change anything (still taking the BCAA drink during every non-Yoga/non-Stretch exercise).

After the movie, we then went to Red Robin to eat lunch.  I did eat one onion ring (the smallest one on the "tower" I promise!) and then had a grilled chicken salad with apples and blue cheese.  It was very good...I even only ate one of the two pieces of bread with the salad!

After we got home, Wendy went to a quarter auction and I took the kids to Breadeaux Pizza.  I went there because my 10-year-old thought she had a "date" with a boy from school.  Well, he didn't show up, and Megan didn't seem to care.  Bless her heart.  Anyway, I had salad bar.  Ranch dressing with bacon bits, cheese and croutons the first time.  Italian dressing the 2nd.  Then, I had about 3 cheese sticks (edge pieces with the least amount of cheese) and one piece of hamburger pizza.

Most of you would probably say that I could have done a lot worse, and I agree.  I just worry that any steps, no matter how minor, in the wrong direction could eventually become bigger steps.  I don't think this will happen, because I'm zoned in pretty good.  I guess we'll see, won't we?  The thing I like about how I feel about it is these minor eating "issues" are bothering me pretty good.  I'd be more worried if I was just shrugging them off or making excuses.  I need to do better...period!

Workout was great, though because of the busy day I had to do it late again!  It wasn't as good as day 6, but it was better than day 13.  Regardless, it's a great workout!  Heart rate didn't get as high as I'd like (made it above 80% a couple times).

X Stretch tomorrow and then a recovery week!

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment