Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 17: Shoulders and Arms with Ab Ripper X

Good day and good workout yesterday.  I had to start late because of leaving work late and baseball practice. However, it wasn't anything I can control, so I'm not sweating it.  The Shoulders and Arms workout is one of my better ones, so it went well.  I can start to feel some more definition in my shoulders, so it's working!

For the 5th straight day, I've improved reps on Ab Ripper X.  As I've said before, my form is not where it needs to be, but that will be coming.  I still think I lean back too far on a lot of the exercises, which puts additional strain on my lower back, but I can't do as well yet leaning farther forward.  I'm just doing the best I can...and "Forgetting the Rest".  :)

Nothing new to report on my nutrition.  I'm pretty much set in a routine of what I'm eating and when.  I'm trying to eat a little bit every 2 hours, because I've read that helps my metabolism.

I did sneak a little peak at my weight this morning.  I'm down 13.5 pounds (274.0 to 260.5), and the machine says I'm down 1% body fat.  I'm thinking that number isn't quite right because that would mean I've lost lean body weight.  I don't see how that could be with all of the muscle work I've been doing the past 17 days.  One reason could be that my first measurement was at night and this measurement was this morning fresh out of the shower.  My official Day 30 weigh in will be at night, so hopefully that will be a more accurate number.  Regardless, I'm carrying 13.5 lbs less weight, so that's wonderful!

Yoga yoga yoga!  (Yes, I understand the Animal House reference now, Kevin!)

Dan        

No comments:

Post a Comment