Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 19: Legs and Back with Ab Ripper X

Another day to check off of the calendar.  Today was a day off for me, so I got a lot done.  I started the day off by shampooing the living room and upstairs foyer carpets.  They really needed it.  We're going to do the main traffic areas of the bedrooms later tonightm  We rented a Rug Doctor and are considering buying something similar which will save us money in the long run...plus we'll be able to clean the carpets more often.

Because of the carpet cleaning, I didn't get the workout started until around 1:45.  It wasn't morning, which I had hoped for, but I still get the evening to myself again.  Last night was great because I could come home from the NHS induction and watch some basketball.

As for the workout, I did about the same as last week.  Today was the first day I was able to stay down in the well squat for the full 90 seconds.  Only did 55 seconds last week.  The single leg wall squats weren't quite as good, so maybe it was a wash.  On the pull-up exercises, I backed up some to get some better resistance.

6 Ab Ripper workouts in a row now with increases in reps.  I'm up to 285 now, compared to about 165 on day 1.  Now if I could just get rid of this "ab cover", so I can see the progress being made down there!  :)  Maybe after P90X round 2!

Speaking of round 2, I don't want to get ahead of myself.  Don't get me wrong...I'm thrilled with my results so far and ever happier with my ability to stick with eating right for these 19 days.  Like I wrote in an earlier post, I'm hoping to make these eating habits permanent...P90X or no P90X.  The workouts are just the gravy on top to get me in the physical shape I want to be in going forward.

I haven't been posting much about what I've been eating lately, but that's because it's pretty much similar every day.  For breakfast, I choose between an apple, 2 pieces of turkey bacon, whole wheat toast with jam, fried egg whites, and cottage cheese.  For snacks, I usually have a vanilla why shake with banana, celery, tuna, pistachios, a 50 calorie fruit cup or string cheese.  For lunch I have either a Boca burger (with ketchup, mustard and a fat-free cheese slice) or a turkey and (fat-free) cheese sandwich with fat-free mayo on whole wheat bread, baby carrots, nonfat yogurt, or a piece of fruit.  For dinner I've had salmon, chicken breast and steak with some kind of microwaved vegetable (broccoli, cauliflower, and even brussel sprouts).  I've also had whole wheat spaghetti.  In eating all of this food, I'm hoping that my brain is learning that eating is about nourishment and not getting some "high" off of eating bad foods that taste "good".  These foods I've been eating don't have the flavor of a Big Mac or corn chips and cheese dip.  However, they still taste fine and are contributing to my better health.

My favorite exercise Kenpo is tomorrow.

Dan

1 comment:

  1. You're doing awesome! Can't wait to hear how much you've lost after the first 30 days. Keep up the good eating!

    ReplyDelete