Saturday, March 31, 2012

Day 27: Yoga X

Busy day!  Brandt has a "summer" job mowing a cemetery north of Shubert, and with the nice weather and the recent rains, it's ready for a cutting.  So Brandt, his girlfriend and I spent 4 hours out there.  I did the weed eating.  As you might imagine, 4 hours (with a 90 minute lunch break in between) of weed eating does a number on your arms, shoulders and especially your hands.  We'll see how I feel in the morning.  I'm actually somewhat curious about whether the P90X workouts I've been doing will help with that.  Check out tomorrow's post for updates.  We're heading back out there tomorrow after lunch...it's a big cemetery.

Well, yoga is yoga.  Things are a bit easier, but I think that's because I'm used to them.  There's still a lot of exercises (i.e. Half moon, plough, crane, etc.) that I'm unable to do.  Other things, like the warrior poses, tree, triangle pose, hamstring stretches and the like seem to be getting easier.  My biggest hope wit Yoga is to improve my flexibility and balance.

One more day left in the recovery week...I have X Stretch tomorrow.  Then, I start in on another 3-week adaptive phase.  In keeping with the P90X model of providing muscle confusion, two of the workouts during weeks 5-8 will be different than the ones I did in weeks 1-3.  Legs and Back stays as the Friday workout, but I'll be swapping out Chest and Back and Shoulders and Arms workouts with Chest, Shoulders and Triceps (Mondays) and Back and Biceps (Wednesdays).

I'm pooped.  Sleepy time!

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment