Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 18: Yoga X

Wow!  Look at the time of this post?  Can you believe it?  I'm posting about my workout before 5pm on the day of the workout?  Yep!  I had some training this morning at an offsite training facility and decided to take the afternoon off.  Tonight is Brandt's National Honor Society ceremony so I decided to get the workout done early.

I know this sounds like a broken record, but I'm making some minor progress on these exercises.  I can keep a lot of the initial moves (Crescent, Warriors, Triangle, etc.) longer and without losing my balance.  Still having problems with Half Moon, but as Tony tells us, it's an advanced move, and this was only my 3rd shot at Yoga, so I don't feel too bad.

As for the balance moves, I'm able to do Crane for a short period, and shoulder stands are coming along.  I can stay up the whole time, but still can't quite get up to straight with both legs together.  The Yoga Ab 7 (or whatever it's called) is also tough for me at times because one of my main struggles in it (and Ab Ripper X) is the ability to keep my feet up in the air...they fatigue very quickly.  I have to believe my legs are still too heavy for my leg muscles to handle.

Excited for tomorrow as it will be my last "weight" workout and Ab Ripper X workout for a week.  I don't mind the Legs and Back workout, but I'm ready for a break.  I have the day off, so I will again be able to get these workouts done very early.  My goal is to get it done in the morning.

Just a note.  Id anyone else is doing P90X (or any other BeachBody program) and hasn't gone to http://www.teambeachbody.com, then I suggest you do so.  It's free and it's a great resource to help out people like us that need help.  You get assigned a coach and there are all kinds of cool resources like a workout calendar, a blog, message boards, etc.  Check it out!

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment