Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day 3: Shoulders and Arms

Wow, was I sore today!  I'm wondering now if I need a supplement to help me recover a little faster and alleviate some of the soreness.  A colleague of mine has been working out for about three years now and he suggested one that I'm going to look into.  If anyone has any other suggestions, please shoot me a comment.  I guess there's always the "P90X Recovery Drink" to look at too.

Had a very good shrimp stir fry tonight with some brown rice.  I think the rice put me over my carb intake for the day, but I'm not too worried about it.  It's better than a Big Mac, right?  (BTW, I LOVE Big Macs...if I go the entire 90 days without having one, it will be a pure miracle!).

Tonight's workout was a good one and was easier for me than Chest and Back.  I was pleasantly surprised at how well I was able to do the exercises after how my shoulders felt during the day.  I'm starting to realize that I don't have the exact weighted barbells I need, but I do have my resistance bands, so for now I'll use those if I think the barbells I have (10s and 20s) aren't sufficient.


Oh, and by the way Cleveland...you were right about distractions!


Ab Ripper seemed easier tonight, but when I summed up my reps, I actually did a couple fewer than Monday night.  I chalk this up to not properly counting the first time.  I'm convinced this is because I didn't know the exercises yet and frankly I was delirious during the entire workout.  Counting was the last thing on my mind.  Now that I think I have the exercises down, the numbers should be more true.

Also, and not surprisingly, my legs are now starting to feel the effects of yesterday's Plyometrics workout.  I can't wait to walk down the steps tomorrow morning for my shower.  NOT!

Lastly, I wanted to give some props to my wife who has made the decision to work on her fitness as well.  She's been working on our elliptical machine and the Wii Fit board doing cardio and yoga exercises.  And she's joining me in eating better foods too.  Good job, Wendy!  It certainly helps keep me on track when she is doing the right things.

On to Yoga tomorrow night!

Dan

1 comment: