Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 2: Plyometrics

The day started off pretty good!  I didn't feel much soreness at all, which began to worry me later in the morning.  Had I not "brought it" enough during Chest & Back and Ab Ripper the night before?  Well, by 3pm, my worries were all gone.  Shoulders, chest and abs were very sore by then are are still singing to me at every little move.  I'm thrilled, because it means I made progress.  We had a 90 minute baseball practice tonight too, so that helped loosen things up a bit.  My first throw during warm ups almost went straight into the ground!

As for the diet today, I staved off a few urges.  A couple co-workers celebrated service anniversaries today and pizza was brought in.  I was good and ate the turkey sandwich I'd made that morning.  Also, the lady who got the pizzas knew I was doing P90X, so she got some salad too.  Thanks, Kim!  Then, when I got home from work, the wife and girls were gone to Girl Scouts, and I had another urge to splurge.  Fought that one off too, and had a nice baked chicken breast with a little BBQ sauce and some cauliflower.

On to the workout.  It was tough, but I really enjoyed it.  I'd say that I completed about 70-75% of all of the moves with the people in the video.  In my opinion, that's pretty good for a fat dude on day 2 of the program.  Best of all, I had no nausea during or after the workout.  My heart rate stayed between 170-180 beats per minute during almost all of the water breaks.  This is a bit high, but I never felt that I was over-exerting myself.  I've heard somewhere to look to what your body is telling you, rather than what your heart rate monitor says.

More arm work tomorrow (Shoulders and Arms).  I hope the soreness wears off a little bit or it may be kind of tough.  Regardless, I'll "Do my best, and forget the rest."

Dan

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Dan! I did Plyometrics last night also, just to re-familiarize myself with it. That workout and Core Synergistics are my favorite. We'll have to compare notes tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete